Delitzsch - City of Towers
This advertising sign on the A14 announces Delitzsch to the public.
The sign shows from left to right:
- The Halle Tower,
- The castle tower,
- The Town Church,
- The Wide Tower.
But Delitzsch is not only the "city of towers", but has manyh more sights to offer. A few of those sights are highlighted below.
For more information ask for our records.
The Baroque Castl (Barock-Schloss)
from the 14th century with the registry office and the museum, in which the life of the dowager duchesses of Saxe-Merseburg in the 17th and 18th centuries is portrayed. Special exhibitions are constantly on show.
1.4 km long by Delitzsch, with 2 gate towers: the Wide tower and the Halle tower;
Wide Tower (Breite Turm)
Built in 1396, it is part of the medieval fortifications. With a height of 46 meters, it is the second tallest building in the city. Between 1504-1890 it was the main office of a watchman.
Town Church - Peter and Paull (Stadtkirche)
A late-Gothic, three-nave church with 2 towers was first mentioned in 1325 and was completed in 1494 after 100 years of construction. A Gothic main altar with oil paintings, wall paintings inside the church and a group of statues on the outside, are worth a visit.
Town Hall (Rathaus)
Built as a vault construction between 1474-1497 in the Gothic period. A magnificent late-classical façade was later added.
Schulze-Delitzsch-Memorial - Cooperative Museum
Kreuzgasse, memorial for Schulze-Delitzsch, the founder of the cooperative system, today's People's Banks;
> mehr <
Schulgasse, birthplace of lawyer Schulze, after the turn of the DDR-government the house was faithfully reconstructed by the Bausparkasse Schwäbisch Hall;
Culture and Sportcenter